November 21, 2010

Capolo Retreats to Forest

Breaking news from outside Hey Jerk headquarters as staff editor Capolo has apparently retreated to the woods to re-evaluate his life. The move to the woods was anticipated after the longtime editor and self-appointed "leader of the possum people" made a disturbing entry into his diary late Saturday:

Just returned from my meeting with Murray. He suggested I spend a few days in the north woods while things cool down. Tempers flared during a routine hamburger bun-inspection at the Inn Friday, and threats were made towards me and several of my lint traps. This doesn't feel like the idle threats and empty promises of previous regimes. This has the makings of a full-scale war and only the strongest and eyebrowless will survive. I'm bringing my finest celery in the hopes I can negotiate a suitable living space.

Capolo's duties at the blog, which include standing and pointing at things, will be handled by correspondent Cal Naughton Jr., while we monitor the situation for at least the next 20-25 minutes.

"I will take the responsibility of this job as I approach life-wearing a pastrami helmet," said Naughton Jr.



Last known photo of Naughton Jr. (June, 1996)

No comments: