February 25, 2010

First Interview with New Staff President



Just hours after being named the new staff president, Squib Cotillion sat down with Hey Jerk for his first interview.


Hey Jerk: Congratulations on the new job.

Cotillion: Helping people sneeze isn't just a job, it's my life's passion.

HJ: No, the staff president job.

C: Oh, right, that job. Well, someone had to pick up the pieces of the former administration.

HJ: Could you go into a little more detail?

C: We literally had to pick up the pieces of the former administration: fingers, eyelashes, shoelaces. It was a dark day at Hey Jerk.

HJ: Not the blog's finest hour, was it?

C: No, I mean we couldn't find the light switch.

HJ: What are your plans for the blog now that you are president?

C: Weekly frowning classes; retreats into the woods, see if anyone gets eaten by anything; and we plan on hiring a few snowmen to keep K.S.C. off our backs.

HJ: K.S.C.?

C: Keeping Snowmen Cold.

HJ: I've never heard of that organization.

C: I made it up.

HJ: The latest financial reports were just released displaying what each staff member earns. Any thoughts?

C: We're paying a spider over $1 million a year and the back door lookout guy is working for free. That doesn't sound right to me.

HJ: What do you plan to do?

C: Get rid of the back door.

HJ: I'm sure readers are wondering about your background. Have you ever been president of a blog before?

C: Well, in the mid-1990s I worked in pool supplies and after that I was a freelance writer for excusemecouldyouremoveyourselffrommygrass.com and up until last November, I was editor-in-chief of thatsmysideburn.com. So, no.

HJ: I appreciate your time and good luck.

C: Thank you, now can you get off my lap?

No comments: